Spring 2020 Tutoring Schedule
3-5pm 5-7pm 7-9pm
|MAT 201 (Stats)||12-2pm||8-9pm||3-4pm||5-7pm||12-1pm|
Tutoring by Appointment (For writing, ESL, and nutrition)
The NCC Tutoring Services Center is a comfortable academic environment where students may come to receive extra help and support with classwork and writing assignments. Students are encouraged to think logically and work through problems, so that their understanding of the subject material is strengthened. Subject tutors are primarily peers, while writing tutors are professionals. Both are carefully selected and trained to deliver the best tutoring possible.
We strive to help students become more confident with both their subject matter and writing assignments.
The NCC Tutoring Services Center and its student tutors are internationally certified through the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA). This certification speaks to the high quality and training of our tutors. To learn more about CRLA certification, visit www.crla.net.
Our tutors will:
- Help you to understand an assignment
- Ask questions to help you think out your problem
- Explain concepts thoroughly so you can correct your errors
- Help you develop proficient study skills
- Work with you on all aspects of your writing, from assignments to transfer essays
Our tutors will NOT:
- Although they can supplement classroom instruction, tutors cannot teach new material when you have missed class.
- Tutors cannot do your homework for you.
- Tutors will not help with take-home exams.
Tutoring Center Policies
- All tutoring must take place in the Tutoring Services Center, Writing Center or other designated areas.
- The Tutoring Services Center is an academic area, for the purpose of quiet study and tutoring assistance.
- The Tutoring Services Center computers are to be used for tutoring purposes only.
- NO FOOD OR DRINKS are allowed in the Center, for the protection of everyone’s property.
- Online vocabulary building website that donates Free Rice (learn and help the hungry!)
- Watch Dartmouth College’s helpful video about developing time management skills.
- Pick up some useful study tips and other helpful information for college students.
- Khan Academy – Tutorials on a wide range of topics.
- How to study effectively videos by Dr. Stephen Chew.
- The Online Writing Lab (OWL) at Purdue University houses writing resources and instructional material.
- Get a live, private tutorial conference, useful subject guides and writing and study tips at eTutoring.org, an online tutoring center. This resource is free of charge to NCC students with a valid NetID.