Academic Skills Coaching
What We Offer
The goal of academic skills coaching to help you develop and improve the study, organizational, and life skills that contribute to your overall academic success. You can choose to meet with your coach once or maintain a partnership that spans a few appointments or semesters. The goal is to help you build skills and adapt to meet the challenges each semester will bring. Academic skills coaching is free and is available in-person and online.
Work with a coach for:
If you’re not sure what you need help with exactly, but you’d like to talk with someone about your progress and how you’re approaching your class(es), meet with a coach for a general consultation.
- Click Make an Appointment
- Enter your NetID and password when prompted
- Click Tutoring Appointments on the left
- Click Request a Tutoring Appointment
- On the appointment page, choose Academic Skills and your preferred topic
- Click Check Availability
- Select a convenient appointment time and the location you prefer (on campus or online)
- Click Submit
- Download and install Teams for free on your computer. Also available on the Apple App Store or Google Play for your mobile device. It is recommended that you install the Teams client on your computer, and not just use the browser version. However, Chrome, Firefox, or Edge are supported. Safari on macOS is not recommended.
- Log in with your NetID and password (Forgot your NetID password?)
- For tutoring appointments, join the VLC Tutoring Team
- For writing appointments, join the VLC Writing Team