Emergency Funds for Students
Covid-19 has created significant hardships for many NCC students. Financial and personal crisis brought on or enhanced by the pandemic can be very overwhelming and have huge impacts on academic success. Norwalk Community College is committed to supporting our students and in partnership with the NCC Foundation, have secured funding opportunities to assist students.
These funding sources are designed to provide temporary, short term financial assistance for Currently enrolled students. Due to the sensitivity of each situation, all information shared by the student seeking emergency funding will be kept confidential. Information about the student or circumstances will only be shared with individuals who have a legitimate need to be informed. Emergency Funds are granted and do not require repayment.
- The expense must be unexpected, unforeseen, and the urgent nature unavoidable.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled at least half time and, in a degree, granting program.
- Applicants must complete all questions in full and submit supporting documentation.
- Applicants must meet for an interview, virtually or in person.
Students in need of emergency financial assistance may submit an application via the link below. The Dean of Students and the Emergency Fund Committee will review the applications within five (5) business days and determine the appropriate funding amount. Grocery funds distributed by Gift Card will need to be picked up.
- The Dean of Students and the committee will review applications requesting an amount in excess of $500 for unique and unusual circumstances of emergency financial need. Applicants will be required to meet with an NCC staff member to discuss their application and provide supporting documentation
- All Emergency Funding requests will be reviewed within five (5) business days of submission. You will be notified of the result via email.
- If additional information is needed, a staff member will contact you via email or by the telephone number you provide.
- Funds will be provided directly to the vendor for payment for certain request. Food and Gas gift cards will be given directly to the students.
Norwalk Community College and the NCC Foundation is here to support you during this challenging time. If you have questions, please reach out to a firstname.lastname@example.org