What We Offer
The NCC Writing Center is the area in the Tutoring Center where students can get help with their writing assignments. We can help you with:
- Understanding writing assignments
- Critical reading/thinking
The Writing Center is available to assist any currently enrolled NCC student with a writing task, from papers for courses in any discipline to college admission and scholarship application essays. Some of our writing tutors are ESL specialists who have extensive experience working with English language learners.
If it involves writing, we’re here to help! Writing tutoring is available in-person and online.
- Click Make an Appointment
- Enter your NetID and password when prompted
- Click Tutoring Appointments on the left
- Click Request a Tutoring Appointment
- On the appointment page, choose Writing (ESL) or Writing
- Click Check Availability
- Select a convenient appointment time and the location you prefer (on campus or online)
- Click Submit
- Click Submit a Paper
- Upload your paper and assignment
- You will receive your paper back with comments and suggestions in 2-3 business days
- You may resubmit your paper for a second review after you make the recommended changes
- Download and install Teams for free on your computer. Also available on the Apple App Store or Google Play for your mobile device. It is recommended that you install the Teams client on your computer, and not just use the browser version. However, Chrome, Firefox, or Edge are supported. Safari on macOS is not recommended.
- Log in with your NetID and password (Forgot your NetID password?)
- For tutoring appointments, join the VLC Tutoring Team
- For writing appointments, join the VLC Writing Team