Continuing Education + Workforce Development
Continue your Education
Our array of courses helps to prepare students for opportunities in new careers and/or enhances their skills in a number of areas. These include classes in Health Care with certificate programs for training as a Patient Care Technician, Medical Billing & Reimbursement Specialist, Dental Assistant and Veterinary Assistant as well as classes in information technology and computers, real estate, travel and small business startup.
We also offer special programs for students grades 1-12 children (College for Kids) and adults (Lifestyle classes) that inspire individuals to enjoy and savor art, culture, hobbies, avocations, drama, writing, photography and many other pursuits.
For employers, we can design and deliver customized training workshops that help keep employee skills sharp and advancing in our rapidly changing world. All of our courses are taught by seasoned instructors who have professional experience in their field.
If you are among the thousands who regularly take advantage of our programs, welcome back for this semester. If you are considering enhancing your life, we encourage you to register for one or more course. Whatever your status, we would welcome the opportunity to have you be a part of our stimulating community.
Courses are offered during the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters. The current Catalog details all program and course specifics.
Career Training + Certificate Programs
Choose from our many programs and certificates offered through Continuing Education and Workforce Development.
There are five ways to register for Continuing Education and Workforce Development Courses
To register in person, please visit us in the Records Office, East Campus – Room E102 (see current hours)
- If you are a new student, visit the Admissions Office (East Campus, E106) and be sure to bring a valid photo ID. Complete an application for admissions form (be sure not to pay the $20.00 application fee), obtain your Student ID, complete your Registration Form, and proceed to the Records Office (East Campus, Room E102) to submit your registration form, and then proceed to the Business Office (East Campus, Room E103) to remit your tuition payment1 in full.
- If you are a returning student*, complete your Registration Form and proceed to the Records Office (East Campus, Room E102) to submit your registration, and proceed to the Business Office (East Campus, Room E103) to remit payment1.
*If you have not taken courses at NCC in the past two years, you must first visit the Admissions Office (East Campus, Room E106) with a valid photo ID to reactivate your student status.
1. Please select the link below that is most appropriate: College for Kids courses or Regular Continuing Education courses
2. Please select the appropriate Semester for which you are registering.
3. It is highly recommended you then use Browse by Subject to find classes of interest
- Register for College for Kids courses online. (classes designed for children, Grades 1-12)
- Register for Regular Continuing Education courses online.
Payment in full must accompany the registration form. Write a check for the total fee(s) or pay by money order, VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express.
- Mail-in registration must be received three (3) business days before the class begins.
- Fax registrations are accepted up to 24 hours prior to the first day of class.
Fees may be refunded in accordance with the following:
- A student who withdraws by the last business day before the first class meeting is entitled to a full refund.
- No refund will be made after the first class meeting of the course except in the case of serious illness or other extenuating circumstances, at the discretion of the Director.
The College reserves the right to cancel or limit class size.
GI Educational Benefit
The State of Connecticut has approved some Continuing Education courses for GI Educational benefits. Please inquire at time of registration about course eligibility. Contact Chris DeCew in the NCC Records Office by telephone 203.857.7006. for complete information. Connecticut State Tuition Waiver does not apply to Continuing Education courses.
Continuing Education courses are supported by tax dollars. Connecticut State law does not allow us to exempt senior citizens. The College does not discriminate against any individual on the grounds of race, color, national origin, criminal record, sex, ancestry, political beliefs, mental health, mental retardation, marital status, or age. Any NCC student with a documented disability is eligible for services. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, services are determined on a case-by-case basis depending on documentation provided by the student. Please call (203) 857-7192 for an appointment.