SNAP Employment + Training
SNAP Employment + Training for Recipients of SNAP Benefits
Skills-based training for high-demand occupations.
Norwalk Community College offers unique training and educational opportunities to SNAP recipients through the SNAP Employment & Training Program. The SNAP E&T program offers scholarships to obtain training and additional skills that can lead to employment or a higher paying job.
- Must be receiving SNAP benefits
- and NOT a recipient of Temporary Family Assistance (TFA)
- Commitment to successful program completion
- Commitment to seeking employment and able and available to work
- Not previously enrolled elsewhere in a SNAP E&T program
If you are receiving SNAP benefits and not receiving money from Temporary Family Assistance (TFA), you may be eligible to receive a scholarship to participate in one of the following SNAP Employment & Training programs offered at Norwalk Community College.
Non-Credit Certificate Programs
Detailed descriptions for the following non-credit programs can be found in the latest Continuing Education Catalog.
- Certified Nurse Aide
- National Bookkeeping Certificate
- Dental Assistant Certificate
- Homemaker Companion
- Medical Billing & Reimbursement Specialist
- Medical Coding Certification
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Veterinary Assistant
Credit Certificate Programs
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) Certificate
- Culinary Arts Certificate
- Early Childhood Education Certificate
- Early Childhood Infant/Toddler Certificate
- Medical Assistant Certificate
- Medical Office Specialist Certificate
- Relational Database Certificate
- Web Developer Certificate