Fresh Start Option
A student must be readmitted to NCC after two or more consecutive years of absence and have a GPA below 2.0 to request the Fresh Start Option. The Fresh Start Option (FSO) gives the readmitting student an opportunity to start again without the burden of a poor academic history.
Fresh Start Eligibility Requirements:
- Two or more consecutive academic years of absence
- GPA below 2.0
- Recommendation by an NCC counselor/advisor prior to or during the readmit term
- Must be a registered student for the readmit term
If you wish to be considered for the Fresh Start Option:
- Download and fill out the Fresh Start Option form below
- Meet with a counselor/advisor and have your request approved.
- Write in your current address and phone number, the semester you are applying for and attach a copy of your unofficial transcript.
- Return the form to the Records Office, E102.
- The Fresh Start Option awards credit for any course in which a grade of “C-” or higher has been earned. No credit is awarded for “D+” grades and lower.
- All past courses and grades remain on the transcript and are identified with a carat (^) next to each course. However, grades in these courses are not used in the GPA calculation.
- GPA is calculated based on coursework after the FSO is awarded.
- A minimum of 25% of the program’s degree/certificate requirements must be taken andsuccessfully completed through coursework at NCC after the FSO is awarded.
- The FSO can be awarded only once and does not apply to any completed degree or certificate.
- Students who elect the option are subject to the existing residency requirement.
- The Fresh Start Option does not affect your standing with regard to your financial aid. If you are applying for financial aid, please check your financial aid status with the Financial Aid Office in Room E105.
- A student readmitted by the College under the Fresh Start Option, who seeks readmission to the Nursing Program, must apply through the Nursing readmission process. Please discuss the details of this option with a counselor/advisor. You may refer to the NCC College Catalog for further information.