Transfer Out Process in a Nutshell
Listed below are ten steps to assist you in transferring out smoothly and successfully. The Counseling Center is available to assist you in the completion of these steps. For transfer services please contact the Counseling Center at 203.857.7033.
- Start the process early- at least one year prior to graduating
- Make an appointment with our Transfer Counselor
- Know which college characteristics are important to you
- Research desired college(s) and plan visit(s)
- Request transfer admission information from four-year colleges/universities
- Establish a relationship with a Transfer Counselor at the four-year institution(s) of interest to you
- Attend the various transfer programs/events held on campus
- Submit application and supporting documents to the four-year institutions at least one full semester prior to attending (official transcripts must be requested through Mycommnet)
- Update/complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and investigate scholarships/grants
- Follow up with the Office of Transfer Services at the school you are transferring into.
Are you planning to transfer?
Early transfer planning is key to a smooth transition. Let us help you chart a course that provides the most return on credits earned and clears a path to success. Please visit: https://www.ct.edu/transfer
CT Transfer Guarantee
The Connecticut Independent College Transfer Guarantee (CT Guarantee) allows CT Community College associate degrees to transfer to a participating 4-year independent college in the state – admission guaranteed!
NCC Articulation programs + Transfer Agreements
Transfer agreements have been completed with a variety of four-year baccalaureate institutions for transfer students who have completed associate degrees at Norwalk Community College. Most of these agreements provide that these graduates in specified programs will be admitted with full junior class status if they have achieved a specified grade point average. Additional information regarding these agreements is available in the Counseling Center.
Fee Waivers for Transfer Institutions
The mission of CONNTAC is to promote and expand equal educational access and opportunity for Connecticut residents. CONNTAC provides support services, including financial aid, for residents form low income, veterans, first generation educational backgrounds to give them reasonable, realistic opportunities to succeed.
Transfer Scholarships and Financing your Education
CT State Universities + UCONN Course Equivalencies
Find out what NCC courses transfer to our state universities. Click on the school you wish to transfer to and see what courses transfer.
Transfer Library Resources
Take advantage of the resources available in the NCC college library. At the reference desk you have access to numerous college guides and transfer resources.