Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
Preparing for the TEAS V
The ATI website has many resources available for purchase, including Learning Strategies, TEAS Pre-test Study Manual and TEAS Online Practice assessments.
Registering for the TEAS V
- Create an account on www.atitesting.com and login to see a listing of Norwalk Community College test dates. Please be sure to choose Norwalk CC Connecticut as your institution of choice in your ATI PROFILE.
- Click on “Online Store” then TEAS®: Follow prompts, choose test date and add to cart for purchase. The cost of the test is $50 (excluding taxes) AND a non-refundable Proctor Fee to be paid before testing.
Proctor Fee Payment Process
Effective July 1, 2016, all students testing at Norwalk Community College will be charged a non-refundable proctor fee for each TEAS exam. The Proctor Fee must be paid prior to the test. The fees are as follows:
- Connecticut Community College students (students with a Banner / Student ID number): $15
- Non – Connecticut Community College Students: $35
Payments must be made to the NCC Business Office which is located on the 1st Floor of the East Campus, Room E103, during their regular business hours.
Business Office Hours
Monday – Thursday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Saturday – Sunday: CLOSED
The Proctor Fee must be paid to the Business Office on or before the student’s scheduled test.
Please note: The Business Office is CLOSED on Saturdays!
Students must bring receipt of payment to the Test Center and present to the proctor. Students who have not paid the Proctor Fee will not be permitted to take the TEAS test.
Before you arrive to the test
- Edit your ATI profile to include your Banner ID# in the Student ID section.
- Pay the Proctor Fee at the NCC Business Office (Room E103).
- Bring receipt of Proctor Fee payment to the test.
- Bring your ATI account user name and password to your scheduled test.
- Arrive 30 minutes early to the Testing Center (E211) to allow for unexpected delays.
- Students who arrive late will not be permitted to take the test.
- You are required to bring a government – issued, non-expired photo ID.
- Calculators, cell phones, PDA’s, books, or other personal items will not be allowed. All personal items must be placed in the front of the room.
- Turn off cell phones (which must be left with personal items).
- Paper and pencil are supplied.
- NO CALCULATORS.
- A short break of 5 minutes is allowed by ATI. If you must leave during the test, the best time would be after you have completed a subject area.
- Do not move your cursor outside of the test. The proctor will immediately be alerted and the test will stop on your computer.
- Children are not allowed in the Testing Center while the test is being conducted.
Students with Disabilities
If you have a documented disability and will require academic adjustments, please contact Dr. Fran Apfel, Coordinator of Student AccessAbilities Services (SAS), at 203.857.7192, email@example.com, Student Success Center, E107, two weeks prior to your scheduled test date.