Summer Bridge English Program
Other Summer Bridge Programs
FREE Summer Program for Incoming Freshmen
- Sharpen your English and college readiness skills
- Get prepared for fall
- Flexible in-person or virtual class options
- Become eligible for college level English in the fall
- Meet the faculty and staff at NCC
- Explore programs that NCC has to offer
- Get to know what resources are available
- Receive a $250 credit to your NCC Student account for complete the Summer Bridge Program and attending NCC for the upcoming Fall Semester!*
The Summer Bridge English Program is FREE! All books, supplies and tutoring needed for the program are provided FREE of charge.
Eligibility for the Program
To be eligible to participate in the Summer Bridge Program a student:
- Must be a first-time student to NCC for the upcoming Fall semester.
- Must have current placement in Transitional English EDUC 5002 or ENG 096. (Email HDeDominicis@Norwalk.edu with your name and NCC Banner ID number to confirm English placement if you are unsure.)
- Must be prepared to devote the entire five weeks weeks, full-time, to the program.
- Must have graduated high school or have completed a GED program by the start of the program.
- Must be attending NCC in the upcoming Fall semester.
2022 Program Schedule
The Summer Bridge Program runs
Monday, July 18 – August Thursday, August 18th.
|In Person||10AM – 12pm||10AM – 12PM|
Expectations for Students
The Summer Bridge Program is an intensive program that requires student commitment. Students are expected to:
- Be on time, in appropriate attire, and with the necessary materials.
- Maintain excellent attendance. Missing any days of the program will result in removal from the program.
- BE PRESENT. Turn off and put away all electronic devices. Students found using electronic devices in person or in the virtual classrooms will be asked to leave and marked absent for the class.
- Complete the in class and homework assignments through their own hard work. Students found cheating on assignments will be removed from the program and reported to the NCC Dean of Students.
- Complete all assignments by the due date. Late assignments will be cause for removal from the program.
- Ask for help from classmates, tutors and teachers when needed.
- Ask questions and focus on learning during classes.
- Show PRIDE by working hard and trying their best.
- Put in extra time when it is asked if needed to complete missing work or for additional help.
- Show COMMUNITY by treating teachers, students and tutors with respect.
- Accept the consequences and tell the truth if they chose to disrespect the Summer Bridge Program community.
- Adhere to the behavior expectations outlined in the NCC student handbook.
- Demonstrate a GROWTH MINDSET by asking questions, learning from mistakes and working to gain skills.
- Be a positive representative of the Summer Bridge Program and Norwalk Community College.
- Show desire to do whatever it take to complete the Summer Bridge Program and achieve their goals.
- Commit to Success!
Email us with any questions: HDeDominicis@Norwalk.edu
Summer 2023 Application
This form is currently closed for submissions.