At the Center for Career Development, we believe that all students are on a career path—whether that student is getting certified and heading straight into the work world or is completing a 2-year Associate’s Degree or hoping to transfer into a 4-year college experience.
As a faculty member at Norwalk Community College, you play a crucial role in creating awareness about our services, events and programs. Our hope is that all faculty will refer students to the Center to meet with a counselor. We are located in West 118. We are grateful to the faculty who regularly partner with us by integrating Career Readiness into classroom projects, allowing time for in-class presentations, and/or encouraging students to take advantage of all that we have to offer.
We promote a Career Readiness process—Explore. Plan. Execute. Reflect. We are here to help NCC students explore their interests and options; plan their approach; execute their search; and, reflect on their successes and challenges and continue forward on their path. There is no expiration date on the help that we can give! Current students and alumni are always welcome in our office. We also help the community at large—no one is turned away who wants guidance.
3 Ways to Connect
Refer a Student
Refer a student for
- Exploring majors and careers
- Learning job-search strategies
- Developing resume and cover letter
- Polishing interview skills
- Identifying and building career networks
Promote our Events
Promote our events
- Career Readiness Roundtable (students, faculty and employers converse directly)
- Exploring Majors Fair (faculty/alumni promote majors to new/undecided students)
- Site Visits (select group of students join CCD staff and visit local employers)
- Career Expo (students meet with over 40 employers who are looking to hire)
- The CCD Professional Pop-Up Shop (students ‘shop’ for free for interview attire)
Request a Presentation
Request an in-class presentation
We can present on any of the topics above to the classes you teach or student organizations you advise. Additionally, we can arrange for presentations by professionals/employers/industry experts who can discuss how their college education and majors impacted their careers.