Early Childhood Education
Our vision is to be the early childhood education leader in Southwestern Connecticut known to prepare teachers who are reflective, knowledgeable and responsive to the needs of the children in their care.
To prepare effective teachers who are knowledgeable in Developmentally Appropriate Practices (DAP), Connecticut State Standards and the cycle of intentional teaching, as well as the most current trends in the field of early childhood education. We strive to create qualified, reflective early childhood education practitioners ready to work in diverse settings to support the children, families and communities they serve. This is accomplished through the implementation of a relationship based, high quality hands-on curriculum that meets the academic needs of the individual student and strives to meet the needs of the community.
The Norwalk Community College Early Childhood Program espouses the following core values:
- Quality Instruction: evidenced by the curriculum and the instruction
- Relationship Based Practices: evidenced by responsiveness to student needs, including access, diversity and intense advising.
- Integrity: as evidenced by the high standard of professionalism expected of our students.
- Community Engagement: Evidenced by our responsiveness to the workforce as well as involvement in the early childhood organizations working on behalf of children and families within the community.
Early Childhood Education Programs
- Early Childhood Administrative Certificate Program
- Early Childhood Education Certificate Program
- Early Childhood Education Career and Articulation A.S.
- Early Childhood Education Transfer Program A.S.
- Early Childhood Education Child Development Associate Credential
- Early Childhood Infant Toddler Certificate
ECE Program Coordinator
Director of Early Childhood Community Education
Margaret Dana Conway