Military Service Credits

Military Transcripts

Academic credit for training completed while in service

Military credits can be transferred to CT State Norwalk by both enlisted and commissioned personnel provided they can be applied to your NCC degree program. As of March 1, 2013, AARTS (Army transcript), SMART (Navy transcript) and Coast Guard Institute Transcript have transitioned to the Joint Services Transcript (JST). The JST is a uniform transcript of all military training and experience for service members of all branches, except the Air Force, which has its own, regionally accredited transcript. This new electronic transcript service includes Officer and Warrant Officer training, joint military training conducted by other services, and DANTES funded test scores.

For Army, Coast Guard, Marines, and Navy, the first step is to request your official military transcript.
Air Force students: Click here to request your military transcript.

Have the official transcripts mailed directly to:

CT State Community College Norwalk
Attn: Records Office
188 Richards Ave.
Norwalk, CT 06854-1655 

Once your military transcript has been received, fill out an Official Transcript Evaluation Form. When completed you will be mailed a report as to the results of the assessment.

The results of your evaluation then goes to the Records Office for inputting on your transcript. When this has been completed you will be able to see the results by accessing your transcript through myCTState.

If you have any further questions please contact the Records Office.