Apply for Services

How to Apply for Student AccessAbility Services

Step 1: Gather Official Documentation

The student should gather the appropriate documentation of their disability:


a. be from an appropriate professional who made the diagnosis (on letterhead, with signature, and license information); Medical-Physician; Psychiatric-Psychiatrist, Psychologist, Psychiatric Nurse, Social Worker or Mental Health Counselor.
b. be recent, one year for medical or psychiatric disabilities;
c. specifically name the diagnosed disability;
d. identify diagnostic testing mechanisms, procedures, and results;
e. contain a narrative linking the testing results to the effect of the disability on learning and functioning in an educational environment;
f. and if relevant, identify any recommended academic adjustments (accommodations).

II. SPECIAL EDUCATION DOCUMENTATION:(preferably no more than three years old from High School or Licensed (Neuro-Psychologist) usually includes:

a. Psychological Report including tests, such as, the Wechsler Intelligence Scales (WAIS/WISC) or the Woodcock-Johnson Tests of Cognition.
b. Educational Evaluation including tests, such as, and the Woodcock-Johnson Tests of Achievement or the Wechsler Individual Achievement Tests (WIAT).
c. Infrequently, an IEP, SOP (Summary of Performance) or 504 Plan may be sufficient, especially if they contain the assessment results from the reports described above (in a and b).

* Best Practice: Please understand that the documents should be officially obtained from the professional who issued and signed the report.  When you receive a report from a professional, you should request two signed copies.  Keep a signed copy of the documents for your records, because it is likely that you will need your disability documentation in the future.  You should know that the College has been instructed to shred these documents 5 years after the last semester of your enrollment.

Step 2: Fill out and Submit SAS Intake Form

In order to begin the process with Student AccessAbility Services, you need to have a letter of acceptance from the College with a student I.D. number. You can complete the Intake form, enter your student I.D. number, carefully read the Informed Consent, and sign it.

*Best Practice:  If your disability documents are saved on your computer you can attach and submit your supportive documentation.  You can also email your documents, when the documents are available.

View a step-by-step guide on submitting an SAS Intake Form

Step 3: Schedule an Appointment

After we have received your completed intake form and supportive documents,  we will contact you to make an appointment with the Student AccessAbility Coordinator.  Check your NCC email ( daily for the invitation to schedule an appointment.  Appointments will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.  If you need further assistance with this process, email us.

* Best Practice: The demand for appointments becomes very high as the semester approaches.  New students should contact the Student AccessAbility Services Coordinator at least six weeks prior to the beginning of the semester.