Women’s History Month Programming
Below is a list of Women’s History Month programming happening at NCC!
- Malta House Donation Drive
- Wednesday, March 1 – Friday, March 31
- Malta House supports pregnant women and provides programs for young homeless mothers and their babies. Throughout the month of March, in honor of Women’s History Month, NCC will be collecting items to donate to the Malta House in Norwalk. Items needed for donation include baby supplies, formula, body wash, toiletries, hygiene products, home supplies, and cleaning supplies.
- Boxes will be located in East Atrium and West CIT Atrium.
- Elements of Wellness: Women’s Health Roundtable and Q&A
- Wednesday, March 1 @ 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm (GenRe Forum)
- Norwalk Community Health Center presents Elements of Wellness, a free round table on women’s health issues including new initiatives, expanded options, and coverage choices. All are welcome to attend this discussion and Q&A.
- Moderated by Dr. Djana Harp, OB/GYN, MBA Chief Medical Officer, Norwalk Community Health Center
- NORA NIEDZIELSKI-EICHNER, JD. Associate with Clarick Gueron Reisbaum, advocate for women, children and families
- PREMA WINN, Doula; Executive Director, Odyssey Family Executive Center
- JENNIFER D. BARAHONA, LCSW Executive Director Norwalk ACTS
- JONATHON BARHARD, MD, Director of obstetrics and maternal fetal medicine at Norwalk Hospital
- Printmaking Workshop
- Monday, March 6 @ 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm (W240)
- Create “Women’s History Month” printmaking designs on tote bags and canvases. Supplies are free; space is limited.
- International Women’s Day
- Wednesday, March 8 @ 11:30 am – 1:30 pm (East Campus Atrium)
Please join us for a spectacular event dedicated to acknowledging incredible women and encouraging the women at NCC to reach their fullest potential.
- Women’s History Trivia
- Wednesday, March 22 @ 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm (GenRe Forum)
- Think you have what it takes to win prizes with your knowledge of women’s history, media, music, and more? Join Student Activities in the WHM Trivia Night!