Connecticut Community Colleges
2021 Fall Elevator Pitch Competition
$5,000 in unrestricted cash awards!
ELIGIBILITY: Any current student at a Connecticut Community College
CATEGORIES: Pre-revenue (concept for a new business); and Post-rev (>$10,000 in sales)
APPLY by Monday, November 1, at www.Back-Offices.com/cc. Describe product or service and competitive differentiation; plus provide a link to a 60–second elevator pitch posted to YouTube. (Do not password protect.) Finalists will be notified at noon on November 3 via email.
AWARDS: $250 will be awarded to the top entry from each school. In addition, the top 5 from each school will advance to the Finals where an additional $4000 in cash awards will be distributed.
FINALS: Thursday, November 4, 6:30 – 8:30 pm via Zoom. Students will give a 30-60 second elevator pitch live and answer questions from judges about the business.
1. PROBLEM: Solves a real problem; there is strong customer pain or desire
2. SOLUTION: Superior or less expensive than alternatives, or serves new market niche
3. TARGET MARKET: Clearly defined; adequate size to support business
4. MANAGEMENT: Knowledgeable about industry; Convincing
5. FINANCE: It’s clear how the company will make money
6. FUNDING: It’s clear how much the company needs to launch or grow. (If company does not require funding at this time, it may have an alternate need, such as customers or talent.)
SAMPLE PITCHES. The first two are of in-person presentations; the second two are video selfies.
Jessica Kerr https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xn88qYx0OQ
Aaron Pugh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sE5UXVIkz0
Mariah Rodriguez https://youtu.be/lROSG3hQDpo
University of Bridgeport