Welcome to Guided Pathways Advising (GPA)
Our professional staff is here to assist you in planning and implementing academic and career related goals. Our staff can assist you in the following areas:
- Course registration
- Balancing school with other responsibilities
- Study Skills
- Program Options
- Finding the Right Major For You
Who is Required to Meet with a GPA?
All students who are on academic probation or suspension must make an appointment with a staff member in the Academic Counseling Center for advisement.
If you have placed on SAP, you must make an appointment to with a Guided Pathways Advisor.
Who is my advisor?
If You Have Declared a Major
Your advisor will be the director or the coordinator of the program you are enrolled in. View the Academic Faculty Advisory Directory to your locate your advisor.
If You Are Undecided or Non-Degree
Your advisor will be a counselor in the Academic Counseling Center. They can help you with career exploration and declaring a major. To make an appointment, please call 203.857.7033 or stop by East Campus, Room 104.
When should I meet with my advisor?
The earlier the better!
You can meet with your advisor at any point throughout the semester, however, if you are registering for classes there are certain times you should try and meet with your advisor by. For summer and/or fall registration, it is recommended you meet with your advisor the end of March. For winter or spring registration, it is recommended you meet with your advisor the end of October.
Student Advising Toolbox
This resource will provide you with a variety of useful information to help you be successful at NCC and beyond. Please make an appointment with a staff member at the Academic Counseling Center for more information and further assistance.
- College GPA Calculator – Our easy to use college GPA calculator will help you calculate your GPA and stay on top of your study grades in just minutes!
- Class Schedule Search – The class schedule search allows you to see what classes are being offered at NCC.
- Degree Evaluation – This tool allows you to see what graduation requirements you have already completed and which you still need to take. It is located on your MyCommNet account.
- Registration Schedule – It is best to register for classes early on, ideally before the current semester you are in ends. Registration for the winter and spring semester begins November 1st and registration for the summer and fall semester begins April 1st.