- This event has passed. Information listed here may no longer be accurate.
NorWALK for Mental Health & Wellness Fair
Sat, May 21 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am
To recognize Mental Health Awareness Month and National Prevention Week, The Norwalk Partnership, Norwalk ACTS, and NCC are hosting “NorWALK for Mental Health” along with a “Check In” Wellness Fair featuring speakers, prizes, music, and more.
• Mental health booths where you can practice coping skills, “paint your art out,” get a “check-up from the neck up,” and meet friendly people who can answer your mental health questions.
• Prevention booths where you can experience the risks of impaired driving, pick up Liquor Stickers or Narcan, learn about suicide prevention, and get parenting resources.
• People of all ages sharing their personal mental health journeys.
• A press conference with local elected officials.
• A 1.5 mile walk to create visibility and join together for the cause.
• The state’s “Change the Script” behavioral health resource van.
• Music, art, door prizes, laughter, yoga, drumming, and tie dye!
Everyone, please save the date and plan to join us on the Norwalk Green with your family, friends, co-workers, because we ALL need to take care of our mental health!
• Saturday, May 7th (rain date May 21st) on the Norwalk Green. Wellness Fair from 9-11:30am; speakers at 10am; walk at 10:30am.
• The Walk goes from the Norwalk Green down East Ave to the I-95 bridge and back, ending up by St. Paul’s on the Green, where there is a “Hope Pray Dream” board and a labyrinth activity.
• Wheelchair accessible.
• Wear green or purple (the mental health colors).
Want to Join the NCC Team? Sign up using the link below:
Questions? Contact Wendy Mendes at Wmendes@norwalk.edu.
Everyone faces challenges in life that can impact their mental health, know your resources.
On campus counseling:
We don’t empower you. We recognize that you are powerful. Check in with a counselor on campus: https://norwalk.edu/counseling-services/
Tips for Managing School Stress | JED (jedfoundation.org)
Connecticut State Colleges and Universities – TimelyCare
Free Wellness Screening