UCONN Guaranteed Admissions Program (GAP)
The Guaranteed Admission Program is an agreement between the University of Connecticut and the Connecticut Community College system. It is designed for students who are enrolled in a Liberal Arts transfer program at one of the Connecticut Community Colleges and plan to earn a bachelors degree in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, the College of Agriculture, Health, Natural Resources, and the School of Business at the University of Connecticut.
To qualify for admission:
- Complete and submit an application for the GAP program before completing 30 or fewer transferable credits.
- Earn an Associate’s in Liberal Arts & Sciences-Transfer degree within five years.
- Earn a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- The minimum GPA for the School of Business is 3.3 and students must complete all the prerequisites for the school of business.
- Plan to earn a Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Arts and Sciences, Agriculture, Health, Natural Resources; or Business at UCONN.
Advisors from individual community colleges and UConn meet with Guaranteed Admission Program students throughout their community college careers, helping their eventual transition to the University of Connecticut. (Storrs, Stamford — the campus of the student’s choice)
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT:
- Renae Edge Liberal Arts & Sciences – Transfer, Program Coordinator
- Karla Lara Student Retention Specialist
- Pracilya Titus Student Retention Specialist
- Orlando Soto Transfer Counselor
- Jacqueline Santiago Director, Student Support Services TRiO
- Student Success Center 203.857.7255
- Counseling Office 203.857.7033
See the UCONN GAP Program web site for further information on the program.