The Counseling Center is available to assist you in the transfer process. Below you will find a list of resources that will guide you. Please select which direction you'll be transferring.
TRANSFER CREDIT EVALUATION
The Counseling Center is available to assist you in the transfer in process. To have your credits evaluated from another college, please follow the following procedures.
- Your application must be submitted to the Admissions Office or be a NCC student prior to requesting a transcript evaluation.
- Stop by the Counseling Office, East Campus, Room 104, and fill out an Official Transcript Evaluation Form or fax form to 203.857.7051.
- NEW STUDENTS: Have your official transcript(s) sent directly to the Admissions Office.
- Continuing/Returning Students: Have your official transcript(s) sent directly to the Records Office.
Once the official transcript(s) are received, your transfer credits will be evaluated and submitted to the Records Office for data entry onto your NCC transcript. Transfer credits may be seen on your myCommnet account. Please bring a student copy of your transcript(s) for course advising purposes only.
The Counseling Center is available to assist you in the transfer out process. Below you will find a list of resources that will guide you. Click on one to expand it.
Transfer Process in a Nutshell
Listed below are ten steps to assist you in transferring out smoothly and successfully. The Counseling Center is available to assist you in the completion of these steps. For transfer services please contact the Counseling Center at (203) 857-7033.
- Start the process early- at least one year prior to graduating
- Make an appointment with our Transfer Counselor
- Know which college characteristics are important to you (our Choices Program can help)
- Research desired college(s) and plan visit(s)
- Request transfer admission information from four-year colleges/universities
- Establish a relationship with a Transfer Counselor at the four-year institution(s) of interest to you
- Attend the various transfer programs/events held on campus
- Submit application and supporting documents to the four-year institutions at least one full semester prior to attending (official transcripts must be requested through Mycommnet)
- Update/complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and investigate scholarships/grants
- Follow up with the Office of Transfer Services at the school you are transferring into.
NCC Articulation programs & Transfer Agreements
Transfer agreements have been completed with a variety of four-year baccalaureate institutions for transfer students who have completed associate degrees at Norwalk Community College. Most of these agreements provide that these graduates in specified programs will be admitted with full junior class status if they have achieved a specified grade point average. Additional information regarding these agreements is available in the Counseling Center.
Transfer Scholarships and Financing your Education
CT State Universities + UCONN Course Equivalencies
Find out what NCC courses transfer to our state universities. Click on the school you wish to transfer to and see what courses transfer.
- CCSU Transfer Course Equivalencies
- CCSU School of Engineering and Technology
- CCSU School of Education and Professional Studies
- ECSU Transfer Course Equivalencies
- SCSU Transfer Course Equivalencies
- UConn Transfer Course Equivalencies
- UConn Business School Community College Planning Guide
- WCSU Transfer Course Equivalencies
Transfer Library Resources
Take advantage of the resources available in the NCC college library. At the reference desk you have access to numerous college guides and transfer resources.
College Search Resources