2019 Commencement Exercises
- Graduation will be held at the Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport, CT – a 10,000 seat multipurpose arena built alongside The Ballpark at Harbor Yard.
- Webster Bank Arena is conveniently located off I-95 and adjacent to a Metro-North train station.
- The venue provides free onsite parking. There will be concession stands selling a variety of refreshments.
- Prior to graduation day, NCC will distribute free tickets for graduates, their families and friends.
Cap and Gown Information
With your Student ID, go to the NCC Bookstore between May 1 and May 15 to pick up your free souvenir cap and gown and commencement tickets. Visit the Bookstore as soon as possible after you receive your confirmation in the mail. If you wait until the last minute, you may not be able to pick up your regalia or get the correct size. Bookstore employees will assist you with the fitting of your cap and gown.
Tickets for Guests
When you present your Student ID in the NCC Bookstore to pick up your cap and gown, you may pick up a maximum of 10 commencement tickets.
Instructions for Graduating Students
- Be sure to check your NCC student email regularly for commencement details.
- On the day of the ceremony, Tuesday, May 21, the Arena doors will open promptly at 3:00 p.m. for the arrival of graduating students and guests. Graduating students should report to the Arena with your commencement attire (cap, gown, and tassel) by 3:00 p.m.
- There will be no place to leave your valuables. Do not bring purses. We recommend that you leave them at home or with a friend, or lock them in the trunk of your car. Academic gowns do not have pockets. A waist or wrist pouch is recommended. Remember to bring bobby pins to secure your mortarboard.
- Graduating students should enter the Arena at the Guest Services Entrance and turn left. Commencement marshals will direct you to the student area to receive instructions for graduation and distribute your stage card. You must then robe and line up alphabetically by degree program. The ceremony will begin promptly at 4:30 p.m. and end at approximately 7:00 p.m.
- When proceeding to your seat, do not leave any seat empty.
- During the ceremony, when you climb the stairs to the stage to receive your diploma cover, you will hand your stage card to the announcer. When your name is read, walk across the stage to receive your diploma cover.
Instructions for Guests
Each graduating student may pick up ten (10) tickets at the Bookstore. Your guests should proceed directly to the Arena’s Main Entrance for their seating. Please request that your guests allow enough time to be seated prior to the start of the ceremony. Arena policy is that all bags are subject to search.
The follow items are not allowed inside the Arena:
Food or Beverages
Special Accommodations and Disability Access
In your message, please provide the graduating student’s name or guest’s name, the disability, and the needed accommodation.
Note: An ASL interpreter will be on stage for all in attendance during the commencement ceremonies.
Visas for International Guests
If your family members are applying for visas so they can travel to the United States to attend commencement, you may need a letter from the college statin that you are a candidate for graduation. To obtain this letter, contact Dr. Kellie Byrd-Danso (203.857.7332), Dean of Students with the following information:
- Names of the family members
- Their relationship to the student
- Approximate dates of travel
- Home country
- Where they will stay while in the United States
A professional photographer will take each graduating student’s photo as they receive their diploma cover. The photographer will mail you an order form, price list, and proofs so that you may purchase the photographs directly from the studio.
Guests are not permitted to stand in the aisles to take photos.
Graduates will be given diploma covers on stage at commencement. The diploma will be mailed to graduating students about two months after graduation.