High School Partnership Program

Earn college credits while still in high school!

Norwalk Community College offers high school students a unique opportunity to earn affordable and transferable college credits while still in secondary school.  NCC is an accredited institution, which means you can transfer these credits to the college of your choice, or apply them toward an NCC Associate degree or Certificate.

This program is for highly motivated and academically qualified juniors and seniors in high schools that have a High School Partnership (HSP) agreement with NCC.  The HSP program covers the cost of tuition and registration fees.

To qualify, you must have a minimum 3.0 grade point average (80 minimum numerical average) and demonstrate eligibility for college level courses through the Accuplacer placement test or AP, SAT or ACT scores.  (See placement test exemptions)

What classes may I take?

Qualified high school students are eligible for any class that any other NCC freshman is eligible for, with respect to the results of the placement test and course prerequisites.

The student may take one or two courses per semester in the fall and/or spring semesters. The class must meet outside of regularly scheduled high school hours. Summer classes are not available through HSP, but may be taken at the student’s expense.

What credit is awarded?

The student will earn college credit for a successfully completed class (3-4 credits per class, depending on the course).  That credit may be applied toward a degree or certificate at NCC or transferred to another college. The individual high school or school system determines if credit is granted toward a high school diploma.

Please be aware that some colleges will not accept transfer credit for a course taken while in high school.

How do I apply?

  1. You will need to fill out an NCC New Student Application. A parent signature is required for students under 18. The $20 application fee is waived. Please put the High School Partnership Code (DA01) in the “Major Code” section.
  2. All new, first-time students must take the NCC Accuplacer Placement Test. An appointment is necessary to take this test. The English part of the test is required unless waived with AP, SAT or ACT scores. The Math part of the test must be taken if the student wishes to take a math course(s) or other courses with math prerequisites (such as some science and computer courses.) Schedule a placement test
  3. Contact your high school to get your high school transcript through the latest quarter.
  4. Provide a recommendation from a high school counselor or other administrator.
  5. Set up an interview and registration appointment with NCC Admissions.

What is the cost?

The High School Partnership pays for tuition and registration fees, but students are responsible for purchasing any required textbooks and supplies.

Curtis Antrum
Interim Director of Admissions