Contact: Curtis Antrum email@example.com and Robin Morris firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is it for?
- Highly motivated, academically qualified students.
What are the qualifications?
- Junior or senior in a high school with an HSP Agreement.
- Minimum 3.0 grade point average (80 minimum numerical average).
- The student also must demonstrate eligibility for EN101 Composition through the Accuplacer placement test or AP, SAT or ACT scores (see NCC web site for placement test exemptions).
- Please note that during time of COVID, students are assessed by GPA if they do not have test scores. We are not offering the Accuplacer currently.
What paperwork is required?
- An NCC High School Partnership Student Application
- Parent signature is required if less than 18 years of age.
- Please fill out this online form. Scroll down on the first page and where it says Student Type, Choose High School Partnership/High School Other. Please complete the entire application.
- Please submit the HSP Additional Information form.
- Placement test (required of all new, 1st time students). *See above regarding testing.
- The English and/or mathematics parts of the test is required unless waived with AP, SAT or ACT scores.
- A high school transcript through the latest quarter.
- A recommendation from a high school counselor or other administrator.
- An interview/registration appointment with Curtis Antrum or Robin Morris
What classes may be taken?
- The student will be eligible for any class that any other NCC freshman is eligible for with respect to the results of the placement test and course prerequisites.
- The student may take one or two courses per semester in the fall and/or spring semesters.
- The class must meet outside of regularly scheduled high school hours.
- Summer classes are not available through HSP but may be taken at the student’s expense.
What credit is awarded?
- The student will earn college credit for a successfully completed class. That credit may be used toward a degree or certificate at NCC or transferred to another college.
- Please be aware some colleges will not accept transfer credit for a course taken while in high school.
- The individual school or school system determines if credit will be granted toward a high school diploma.
Cost to the student?
- HSP covers the cost of tuition and registration fees.
- The student must purchase books and supplies, if any.