Mental Health Certificate Program
This program is designed to prepare individuals for employment in entry-level positions in public and private mental health agencies. Instruction is designed to allow for continuation in two-and four-year programs in the areas of mental health and human services.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of terminology used in the mental health field;
- Analyze the interaction of social policies on client systems, workers and agencies;
- Develop an understanding of the current issues in the field of mental health;
- Describe and evaluate the ways in which data are collected and applied in the field of mental health
- Demonstrate knowledge about formal and informal assessment practices that reflect both the needs and strengths of mentally ill people.
- Develop critical-thinking skills within the context of needs and services for the mentally ill population; and
- Demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills necessary to work in mental health settings.