Early Childhood Infant Toddler Certificate
The Certificate Program provides students with the opportunity to complete a course of study which will prepare them to work with infants and toddlers in the field of early childhood education. Candidates in the Early Childhood Education curricula must complete the ECE academic courses with a minimum grade of C.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Recognize and identify current and historical theoretical Early Childhood approaches;
- Recognize quality Early Childhood Education programs;
- Apply child development theory to practice;
- Design developmentally appropriate curriculum;
- Be a reflective practitioner;
- Become early childhood advocates;
- Value and translate theory into pracitce utilizing the Preschool Curriculum Framework (PCF), NAEYC Accreditation Standards, and the NAEYC code of Ethical and Professional Conduct; and
- Be a collaborative community partner.