Early Childhood Education Career A.S.
This program has been designed to meet the ongoing career and educational goals of students who want to enter the field of Early Childhood Education upon graduation, or are already employed in an early care situation and desire to improve their knowledge and competency in working with young children. Candidates in the Early Childhood Education curricula must complete the ECE academic courses with a minimum grade of C.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Recognize and identify current and historical theoretical Early Childhood approaches;
- Recognize quality Early Childhood Education programs;
- Apply child development theory to practice;
- Design developmentally appropriate curriculum;
- Be a reflective practitioner;
- Become early childhood advocates;
- Value and translate theory into practice utilizing the Preschool Curriculum Framework (PCF), NAEYC Accreditation Standards, and the NAEYC code of Ethical and Professional Conduct; and
- Be a collaborative community partner.