Liberal Arts and Sciences A.A. Transfer Program, Advisement Sequence in Teaching Careers Pathway for Secondary Education: Chemistry
This is a special sequence within the Liberal Arts and Sciences A.A. program. It is intended for students who want to become elementary or secondary school teachers. The Pathway has been designed to prepare students for a major in elementary or secondary education at a four-year college. Depending upon their career goals, students can select a track in one of the following areas:
Elementary Education Secondary Education: Biology
- Secondary Education: Chemistry
Secondary Education: Mathematics
Since requirements vary at different institutions, a student should become familiar with the particular requirements of the institution to which they wish to transfer. It is of the utmost importance for a student to work closely with the Program Coordinator.
Transfer Agreement With The Connecticut State University System
Graduates of NCC who followed the Pathway to Teaching Careers sequence with a cumulative grade point average of 2.8 or higher, and pass the Praxis I examination, will be considered for admission to the baccalaureate program at the desired Connecticut State University. A course-by-course articulation agreement is in place with Western Connecticut State University.
Upon successful completion of all the requirements for the Pathway to Teaching Careers, graduates will be able to:
- Transfer seamlessly into a Bachelor Degree program with junior level status into one of the receiving institutions;
- Demonstrate professionalism required to be an educator;
- Demonstrate good communication skills;
- Demonstrate skills in teamwork that permit effective participation in multicultural work and social environment;
- Perform competently in mathematics and science; and
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding in working with children.