Computer Aided Design (CAD) Certificate
The Computer-Aided Design (CAD) certificate prepares students for the career options in industry that requires CAD skills. Students will learn to prepare 2D drawings and create 3D solid models using computer applications widely used by the industry.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in utilizing computer as a tool to create drawings and 3D models
- Interpret and read engineering drawings
- Create different views of on object
- Demonstrate understanding of orthographic projection and create 2D drawings for solid objects
- Create 3D models and assemblies and convert 2D drawings to a 3D model
- Describe and demonstrate the process for converting 2-D drawings to a 3-D model
These courses can be taken at any order or simultaneously.
Students need to show computer literacy and meet the prerequisites for the courses.