Liberal Arts and Sciences A.A. Transfer Program
This curriculum has been designed to provide a solid foundation in the liberal arts and sciences which prepares students for transfer to a four-year college and for study in a wide range of academic majors. Students may select the fundamental curriculum, which offers the greatest flexibility for customization, or follow an advisement sequence in one of the following programmatic areas: Foreign Languages, Global Studies, Psychology, Teaching Careers Pathway, Women's Studies.
Students must work closely with their faculty advisor to determine the specific courses that will transfer and meet the program requirements of the four year college they plan to attend.
The following Liberal Arts and Sciences programs are independent of the Transfer program:
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Think critically to evaluate and present well-reasoned arguments;
- Reason scientifically and apply scientific principles to understand the natural world;
- Reason quantitatively and apply mathematical principles to the inquiry process;
- Recognize the value of artistic expression for oneself and others;
- Demonstrate an understanding of Western history and culture;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the complex and diverse ways in which human beings construct communities;
- Demonstrate proficiency in a foreign language to the intermediate level;
- Demonstrate an understanding of one's values and the values of others;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the interrelatedness of multiple disciplines and perspectives.
* Foreign Language: Students who have completed study of a single language through Level 3 in high school with grades of C or above, may choose to waive the language requirement and substitute six credits of Liberal Arts electives. Students who have studied a language in high school, but with less than three years must take the placement test to determine placement. Students may earn credits by exam.
*** Intermediate level Foreign Language is recommended for those students transferring to an institution which requires more than two semesters of a single Foreign Language.
# Please see