Communication Arts Transfer Program A.A., Journalism Option
This program is designed to provide the first two years of course work necessary for a baccalaureate degree in communication fields. It emphasizes a strong liberal arts background and an introduction to a variety of print and digital media. Students are offered options in Journalism, Media Studies and Film and Television Production. The program offers strong media production opportunities, including a fully equipped television studio, a student newspaper, graphic design laboratories and multimedia projects that combine these areas. Completion of the program leads to the Associate in Arts degree.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Write competently in styles appropriate to a variety of media;
- Explain the function of media to influence, inform and entertain;
- Apply ethical reasoning to media-related situations;
- Create and edit basic digital film projects;
- Work individually and as part of a production team;
- Demonstrate an understanding of how corporate media systems work;
- Analyze the impact of media on our everyday lives.
Upon completing the JOURNALISM option, graduates will be able to:
- Write information for publication in a variety of styles;
- Produce information for a variety of media;
- Report skillfully and in depth.
* One of these courses must be an
** 200-level Communication Arts Writing courses include