Liberal Arts and Sciences A.A., Advisement Sequence in Art and Design: Fine Arts
This curriculum is intended for students planning to transfer to a four-year institution that offers programs in art education, art history or fine arts. The curriculum provides a strong liberal arts background with emphasis on the humanities, art history and the fundamentals of the visual arts. Students in the Fine Arts curriculum should work closely with the faculty advisor to choose their electives and to determine specific requirements of transfer institutions in their intended area of specialization.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Understand and apply fundamental design elements and principles;
- Use a variety of studio art media;
- Understand fundamental black, white and color media concepts and applications;
- Apply fundamental drawing skills to design and studio problems;
- Use critical, analytical and aesthetic thought processes, and communication skills specific to the discipline; and
- Understand the significance and application of art historical styles, cultures, artists and relevant vocabulary in art and design.