Interior Design Career Program A.A.S.
The Interior Design program is designed to develop technical skills, creativity, and an understanding of all aspects of interior design. The graduates of the program will be qualified by education, experience, and examination to enhance the function and quality of interior spaces for the purpose of improving the quality of life, increasing productivity, and protecting the health, safety, and welfare of the public.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Analyze client's needs, goals, and life safety requirements;
- Integrate findings with knowledge of interior design;
- Formulate preliminary design concepts that are aesthetic, appropriate, and functional, and in accordance with codes and standards;
- Develop and present final design recommendations through appropriate presentation media;
- Prepare working drawings and specifications for non-load bearing interior construction, reflected ceiling plans, lighting, interior detailing, materials, finishes, space planning, furnishings, fixtures, and equipment in compliance with universal accessibility guidelines and all applicable codes;
- Collaborate with professional services of other licensed practitioners in the technical areas of mechanical, electrical and load-bearing design as required for regulatory approval;
- Prepare and administer bids and contract documents as the client's agent; and
- Review and evaluate design solutions during implementation and upon completion.
# Please see