Construction Technology Career Program A.S.
This program is unique in Fairfield County. It provides technical knowledge for individuals interested in active participation in building our communities. Graduates are prepared for careers in the construction industry as construction managers, project superintendents and building officials.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Be familiar with building materials and methods of construction;
- Be able to understand and handle construction contract documents;
- Be equipped to estimate construction;
- Understand structural and mechanical systems;
- Be able to read and interpret blueprints;
- Be familiar with surveying equipment and able to work with them;
- Have proper communication skills in written and spoken language as well as in spreadsheets;
- Possess basic business and accounting skills;
- Have a strong overall general education;
- Be able to handle the responsibilities of an entry-level job in the construction industry; and
- Be prepared to continue their education for the baccalaureate degree in Construction Management.
* ARC or CAD or CTC course