Art and Design: Design for the Web Career Program A.A.S.
This Design for the Web program serves to introduce students to the concepts, principles and techniques of Web Design by incorporating the theory and practice of Graphic Design and Web development. The degree program incorporates foundation courses in art, design, and programming with a strong liberal arts background. The program provides the academic framework to facilitate entry-level employment in the field.
Students should work closely with their faculty advisor to choose electives that best meet their goals.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Use graphic design elements, principles, and procedures to create appropriate visual communication;
- Develop user-interactive and functional websites;
- Demonstrate proficiency with industry-standard manual and digital tools;
- Identify and model business processes within an internet commerce site;
- Use critical, analytical and aesthetic thought processes, as well as industry-standard vocabulary; and
- Gain industry experience through an internship (optional).
* One of these courses needs to be an