Architectural Engineering Technology Transfer Program A.S.
The Architecture program is intended to develop design abilities, technical skills, creativity, and an understanding of all aspects of architectural design. The graduates of the program will be qualified by education, hands-on experience and examination to carry out all phases of sustainable architectural design in order to improve and protect our built environment. Graduates of the program can seek entry-level positions in the field of architecture or transfer to a five-year degree program*.
*Follow the recommended sequence of study if your goal is to transfer.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Understand and apply basic design principles for residential and commercial projects
- Prepare design and construction documents
- Specify materials and construction methods for residential and commercial projects
- Prepare AIA documents for construction and design services
- Size simple beams and framing members
- Identify major architectural styles and name architects who designed the most important architectural creations
- Use Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) to prepare design and construction documents
- Render photo realistic images using the latest CADD software
- Have an option of gaining experience through the Cooperative Education Program
- Have the option to pursue coursework to transfer
1 Students planning to transfer should consider a higher level Math course:
2 Students planning to transfer should consider