Outlook Web Access
E-mail Access from Home (Outlook Web Access)
This page provides instructions on how to connect to
the Outlook Web Access server to access your Exchange mailbox via any
computer that has internet access and a web browser. Once connected, you
will have full access to read your e-mail, manage your calendar, schedule
meetings, access your contacts, etc.
Supported Operating Systems and Browsers
Outlook Web Access can be used with Microsoft Internet
Explorer or Netscape Navigator web browser from many UNIX, Apple Macintosh,
or Microsoft Windows-based computers. However, to use the complete set of
features available with Outlook Web Access, Internet Explorer 6 or later is
Connecting to OWA
- Click http://www.mail.commnet.edu/ to access the OWA server.
- From the section labeled Client, select one of the following:
- Premium (Recommended for Broadband [Cable/DSL] users) – The premium client provides all of the Outlook Web Access features.
- Basic (Recommended for Dial-Up users) – The basic client provides fewer features, but offers faster performance. Use this when you’re limited by a slow connection.
- Enter your NetID (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) into the NetID field.
- Enter your password into the password field (remember, it is case sensitive).
- Click LOG ON
- Upon your successful connection, you should see your inbox.
To get help on the window you’re working in, click ? on the toolbar.
For information about other Outlook Web Access features or instructions,
browse the table of contents in the Help window.
When you are finished with your current Outlook Web
Access session, be sure to click LOG OFF in the
navigation pane, and then close your browser window. This helps to ensure
no one else who uses your computer can access your mailbox.
How to Change Your Password Using OWA
- Log into Outlook Web Access through http://www.mail.commnet.edu (follow the procedure listed above for logging in).
- Click the Options tab on the lower left menu.
- Scroll down the right window pane until you see CHANGE PASSWORD Click it.
- On the screen that pops up, fill in your full e-mail address, your current password, and then your new password twice.
- Click OK